Do you want to apply for an RC transfer online in Mumbai? There is currently no vehicle ownership transfer process available in Mumbai RTO. If you are selling or buying a car or bike, the ownership must be transferred to the new owner.
In Mumbai, the physical presence of the seller and buyer is necessary for the signing of RCs.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR RC TRANSFER ONLINE IN Mumbai
In Mumbai, the following documents are required for RC transfer Online
- Original RC
- Duly filled Form no.29
- Duly filled Form no.30
- Copy of valid insurance
- Copy of address proof of buyer
- Passport size photograph of seller and buyer
- Copy of valid pollution under control certificate
- Tax clearance certificate
VEHICLE OWNERSHIP TRANSFER FORMS
Transfer of ownership of a vehicle requires two sets of RTO forms :
Proper form filling is required to get the RC transfer done.
Read Also | How to Apply Driving Licence ?
RC TRANSFER FEES IN Mumbai
Following is the RC transfer cost in Mumbai :
- Invalid Carriage — Rs. 25 (twenty-five only)
- Motor cycle — Rs. 150 (one hundred fifty only)
- Three-wheeler/Quadricycle/Light Motor Vehicles:
- Non transport; — Rs. 300 ( three hundred only)
- Transport — Rs. 500 ( five hundred only)
- Medium goods vehicle — Rs. 500 ( five hundred only)
- Medium passenger motor vehicle — Rs. 500 ( five hundred only)
- Heavy goods vehicle — Rs. 750 ( seven hundred fifty only)
- Heavy passenger motor vehicle — Rs. 750 ( seven hundred fifty only)
- Imported motor vehicle — Rs. 2500 ( two thousand five hundred only)
- Imported motorcycle — Rs. 1250 ( one thousand two hundred fifty only)
- Any other vehicle not mentioned above — Rs. 1500 ( one thousand five hundred only)
An additional fee of Two Hundred Rupees shall be levied if the certificate of registration is a smart card type issued
Read Also | All State Regional Transport Office (RTO)
RTO OFFICE Mumbai
Following is the RTO office address in Mumbai :
RTO office Mumbai, UP16
The Regional Transport Officer ( RTO ),
Sector – 32, Opp. NTPC office,
HOW TO DO RC TRANSFER ONLINE IN Mumbai
The following are the steps involved in transferring vehicle ownership online in Mumbai:
- Prepare all your documents first.
- To avoid any mistakes, the soft copy of the completed documents will be verified.
- The customer must make an advance payment.
- The document will be submitted to the RTO online
- Appointment booking for the visit of seller and buyer to the Mumbai RTO
- Buyer and seller visit the RTO
- Customer progress will be communicated to them periodically
- RC will be delivered after work is completed
Check Other States RC Transfer Online
There are different codes for each state in India, and you could see that on the number plate of the vehicle. Let’s take an example to illustrate. A car registered in Delhi, for example, will have a registration number that begins with DL. In the same way, you will notice that the registration number of the car registered in Madhya Pradesh begins with MP. As a result, each state has a different RTO Code. Below is a list of these RTO Vehicle Codes. All State RTO
|Locations||Vehicle Code||Locations||Vehicle Code|
|Andhra Pradesh||AP||Arunachal Pradesh||AR|
|Himachal Pradesh||HP||Jammu and Kashmir||JK|
All State RTO Regional Transport Office is an important part of the transport sector in India. RTOs play an important role in the administration and regulation of bus, train, and taxi services within their respective regions. The full-form of a RTO is the Regional Transport office & You Also Know that RTO :Regional Transport Office.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|KNOW VEHICLE DETAIL INFO||Click Here|